Our goal is to provide an environment where we leverage the best local, national, and international talent to contribute to our research and our innovations.
Laboratory statement of diversity
Fermilab develops, implements and maintains purposeful and intentional strategic initiatives to support a respectful organizational culture and intellectually diverse workplace. Our workforce and community collaborations advance the laboratory’s mission and accountability to welcome and excite diverse national and global talent. Our hallmarks include sharing knowledge, strengthening professional networks, and assuring equity and inclusion for each member of the lab community.
A workplace culture of inclusion:
- promotes a cohesive environment which positively impacts productivity, morale and innovation
- fosters respect and values each employee’s contributions
- welcomes the experiences, perspectives and strengths of a diverse workforce to drive teamwork, innovation, critical analysis and creativity
- SIST intern Xploration Outer Space astronaut competition winner, June 2016
- Welcome 2016 GEM Fellows & SIST Interns, June 2016
- Latina STEM Conference at Fermilab, April 2016
- Sharing Common Experiences: A retreat for women in STEM, March 2016