Our goal is to provide an environment where we leverage the best local, national, and international talent to contribute to our research and our innovations.
Laboratory statement of diversity
Fermilab develops, implements and maintains purposeful and intentional strategic initiatives to support a respectful organizational culture and intellectually diverse workplace. Our workforce and community collaborations advance the laboratory’s mission and accountability to welcome and excite diverse national and global talent. Our hallmarks include sharing knowledge, strengthening professional networks, and assuring equity and inclusion for each member of the lab community.
A workplace culture of inclusion:
- promotes a cohesive environment which positively impacts productivity, morale, and innovation
- fosters respect and values each employee’s contributions
- welcomes the experiences, perspectives, and strengths of a diverse workforce to drive teamwork, innovation, critical analysis and creativity
- Wonderful Women in STEM Conference for high school girls a success – October 17, 2018
- One minute with Mario Lucero, diversity and inclusion specialist – October 15, 2018
- Workshop on creating inclusive workplaces – Oct. 18 – October 15, 2018
- From the CRO and COO: Fermilab community standards | News – October 2, 2018
- Changing the Game | Symmetry Magazine – September 4, 2018
- Willie Rockward applied to college with pro football dreams, but a physics scholarship set him on a different path.
- “Don’t talk about it, be about it”: Ally is a verb | EDI Seminar by Dr. S. Simmons – August 10, 2018
- Fermilab Accelerators Hit The Prairie | Naperville NCTV17 – August 10, 2018
- Fermilab program helps Aurora-area students get back to nature – August 8, 2018
- One minute with JoRee LaFrance, hydrology intern – August 2, 2018
- TARGET intern talent show Friday, July 27 – July 23, 2018
- Diversity and Inclusion: How to Actively Engage | EDI Seminar by Dr. Jesús Pando – July 23, 2018
- Did you like the food? International Taste of Fermilab a big success – July 19, 2018
- Strengthening science connections with São Paulo – July 13, 2018
- Pride in STEM #LGBTSTEMDay – July 5, 2018
More than 4,000 scientists from around the world use Fermilab’s world-leading scientific infrastructure for their research, including its particle accelerators, detectors, and computers. This total includes scientists from 52 countries as well as about 2,500 scientists from over 220 U.S. institutions in 42 states, plus the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. More »