Fermilab Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers
The Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE) was founded in Los Angeles, California, in 1974 by a group of engineers employed by the city of Los Angeles. Their objective was to form a national organization of professional engineers to serve as role models in the Hispanic community.
The purpose of the Fermilab Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (fSHPE) Chapter shall be:
- To actively promote the policies, objectives, and programs of the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, Inc., herein referred to as SHPE National.
- To represent Fermilab as an organization that offers unique STEM careers and promotes diversity by engaging with SHPE professional and student chapters.
- To actively initiate and contribute outreach efforts to the local community, through both STEM, and philanthropic methods.
- One Minute with Felix Sotres, Software Developer – March 8, 2018
- Meet Jeny Teheran, Security Analyst & Cybersecurity Researcher – February 9, 2018
- The Society for Hispanic Professional Engineers now has a Fermilab chapter – December 13, 2017
Tools & Resources
- President – Aria Soha
- Vice President Professional Development – Felix Sotres
- Vice President Outreach – Jeny Teheran
- Secretary – Raul Campos
- Communications – Jose De La “O”
- Graduate Student Rep – Javier Duarte
Contact fSHPE-EBOD@fnal.gov for more information.
Fermipoint: Documents / Agendas / Minutes