Fermilab Society of Women Engineers
The objectives of the Fermilab Society of Women Engineers (fSWE) are twofold:
Reaching In: to provide an opportunity for Fermilab women in engineering and technology to be members of the Society of Women Engineers (SWE), an organization that helps stimulate diversity within engineering fields. Provide networking and professional growth opportunities within the Fermilab and SWE professional communities.
Reaching Out: to represent Fermilab as an organization that offers unique engineering careers and promotes diversity by engaging with SWE professional and student sections.
News & Events
- fSWE’s First Book Talk: DRiVE by Daniel Pink – Thursday, June 7th, 11:30-1pm. Save the date! Location TBD.
- “In this provocative and persuasive new book, he asserts that the secret to high performance and satisfaction—at work, at school, and at home—is the deeply human need to direct our own lives, to learn and create new things, and to do better by ourselves and our world.”
- Tritium Sampling Field Trip with ESH&Q – Friday, May 18, 11am-12pm
- RSVP: By Wednesday, May 16 – Teri Dykuis is the organizer of this event: firstname.lastname@example.org
- fSWE at the WE18 Conference: Let’s Break Boundaries – October 18-20, 2018 | Minneapolis, MN
- The world’s largest conference and career fair for women in engineering.
- Giving Girls the Power and Confidence to Pursue STEM – April 18, 2018
- In Photos: 2018 Engineers Retreat – March 22, 2018
- Celebrating Women’s History Month at Fermilab – March 12, 2018
- Kathrine Cipriano shares her story.
- Meet Jeny Teheran, Security Analyst & Cybersecurity Researcher – February 9, 2018
Tools & Resources
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE) offers learning activities and D&I resources.
- Women @ Energy: Innovators in STEM showcases inspirational women in STEM careers at the Department of Energy.