Fermilab Society of Women Engineers
The objectives of the Fermilab Society of Women Engineers (fSWE) are twofold:
Reaching In: to provide an opportunity for Fermilab women in engineering and technology to be members of the Society of Women Engineers (SWE), an organization that helps stimulate diversity within engineering fields. Provide networking and professional growth opportunities within the Fermilab and SWE professional communities.
Reaching Out: to represent Fermilab as an organization that offers unique engineering careers and promotes diversity by engaging with SWE professional and student sections.
News & Events
- fSWE at the WE18 Conference: Let’s Break Boundaries – October 18-20, 2018 | Minneapolis, MN
- The world’s largest conference and career fair for women in engineering.
- fSWE at the SWE Illinois: Be Professional Conference – September 25, 2018 | University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- fSWE Volunteer Opportunity: Feed My Starving Children – August 23, 2018 | 12-2pm
- To attend the volunteer session contact Kathrine Cipriano
- fSWE’s Book Talk: The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg – August 8, 2018 | 11:30am – 1pm | Users Center
- Giving Girls the Power and Confidence to Pursue STEM – April 18, 2018
- In Photos: 2018 Engineers Retreat – March 22, 2018
- Celebrating Women’s History Month at Fermilab – March 12, 2018
- Kathrine Cipriano shares her story.
- Meet Jeny Teheran, Security Analyst & Cybersecurity Researcher– February 9, 2018
Resources & Tools
- Resources and Tools for Engineering Students offers networks, tips, and technologies.
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE) offers learning activities and D&I resources.
- Women @ Energy: Innovators in STEM showcases inspirational women in STEM careers at the Department of Energy.