Fermilab Society of Women Engineers
The objectives of the Fermilab Society of Women Engineers (fSWE) are twofold:
Reaching In: to provide an opportunity for Fermilab women in engineering and technology to be members of the Society of Women Engineers (SWE), an organization that helps stimulate diversity within engineering fields. Provide networking and professional growth opportunities within the Fermilab and SWE professional communities.
Reaching Out: to represent Fermilab as an organization that offers unique engineering careers and promotes diversity by engaging with SWE professional and student sections.
News & Events
- fSWE at the WE18 Conference: Let’s Break Boundaries – October 18-20, 2018 | Minneapolis, MN
- The world’s largest conference and career fair for women in engineering.
- Giving Girls the Power and Confidence to Pursue STEM – April 18, 2018
- 2018 Engineers Retreat | Fermilab Engineering Advisory Council – March 22, 2018
- Celebrating Women’s History Month at Fermilab | Kathrine Cipriano – March 12, 2018
- Meet Jeny Teheran, Security Analyst & Cybersecurity Researcher – February 9, 2018
Resources & Tools
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE) offers learning activities and D&I resources.
- Sexual Harassment of Women [PDF]: Climate, Culture, and Consequences in Academic Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (2018) – The National Academies Press
- Resources and Tools for Engineering Students offers networks, tips, and technologies.
- Women @ Energy: Innovators in STEM showcases inspirational women in STEM careers at the Department of Energy.
- Professional Opportunities for Women at Energy Realized (POWER)