Fermilab’s workforce consists of 1,787 employees (as of January 26, 2018), who are 25 percent female and 75 percent male.
The graph below shows the overall workforce distribution by ethnicity.
Fermilab develops, implements and maintains purposeful and intentional strategic initiatives to support a respectful organizational culture and intellectually diverse workplace.
The charts below show Fermilab’s workflow diversity profiles broken out by field of work defined as:
- Computing: Computing professionals, excluding those with scientist job titles
- Engineers: All engineering positions including guest engineers
- Postdocs: Research associates and associate scientists
- Scientists: Scientists, guest scientists and application physicists
- Technical: Technical support staff, engineering physicists and accelerator operations professionals
- Mission Support: All other employment categories including administrative personnel