The Inclusivity Journal Club meets monthly to review and discuss social science literature, with the goal of understanding diversity and inclusivity problems in STEM.
- Why are some groups represented disproportionately in STEM fields?
- Is there anything we can do to correct these imbalances?
- What other problems might arise from these imbalances?
These questions form the basis for extensive scientific inquiry. If you’re interested in what the academic literature has to say about inclusivity/diversity in STEM, then you are very welcome to attend the Inclusivity Journal Club.
- Friday, May 4, 2018 at 12pm – Snake Pit (WH2NE) [Link]
- This month, we’re discussing Cech and Pham’s “Queer in STEM Organizations.”
- Monday, February 12, 2018 at 10am – Theory, WH3NW
- This month we’re discussing articles on hiring bias in STEM fields. [Poster Link]
- Friday, November 17, 2017 at 10am – High Energy Physics Room, WH15NE
- This month, we’re discussing literature related to the Implicit Association Test. [Poster Link]
- Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 4pm – Conjectorium, WH3E
- This month, we’re reading P.G. Devine et al.’s “Long-term reduction in implicit race bias: A prejudice habit breaking intervention.” [Poster Link]
- Monday, September 11, 2017 at 1pm-2pm – Conjectorium, WH3E
- Tuesday, August 15, 2017 at 1pm-2pm – Conjectorium, WH3E
Contact Daniel Bowring for more information.
Fermipoint: Documents / Agendas / Minutes