Our goal is to provide an environment where we leverage the best local, national, and international talent to contribute to our research and our innovations.
Laboratory statement of diversity
Fermilab develops, implements and maintains purposeful and intentional strategic initiatives to support a respectful organizational culture and intellectually diverse workplace. Our workforce and community collaborations advance the laboratory’s mission and accountability to welcome and excite diverse national and global talent. Our hallmarks include sharing knowledge, strengthening professional networks, and assuring equity and inclusion for each member of the lab community.
A workplace culture of inclusion:
- promotes a cohesive environment which positively impacts productivity, morale, and innovation
- fosters respect and values each employee’s contributions
- welcomes the experiences, perspectives, and strengths of a diverse workforce to drive teamwork, innovation, critical analysis and creativity
Inclusion Matters: Unpacking Bias. Building Inclusion.
Biases, conscious or unconscious, are learned social stereotypes that have real effects in the workplace. This series explores individual, organizational and societal factors that influence the intersection of diversity, equity and inclusion. Participants will be challenged to examine their assumptions, increase their awareness, and consider the impact of their actions and inactions. This series is designed to provide practical tools and resources that interrupt bias and promote workplace inclusion.
- New workplace inclusion series starts on Jan. 31 | News at work – January 15, 2019
- Fermilab a 40-year member of NAACP | News at Work – December 19, 2018
- Fermilab spreads the joy of coding in Chicagoland schools | News at Work – December 17, 2018
- Girls and young women, do you like science? Go for it! | News at work – November 16, 2018
- CMS unified in commitment to diversity and inclusion | News at work – November 13, 2018
- Fermilab’s recruitment of veterans is a win-win for everyone | News – November 8, 2018
- One minute with Marcellus Parker, engineering physicist | News – October 26, 2018
- Wonderful Women in STEM Conference for high school girls a success | News at work – October 17, 2018
- One minute with Mario Lucero, diversity and inclusion specialist | News – October 15, 2018
- Workshop on creating inclusive workplaces – Oct. 18 | News at work – October 15, 2018
- From the CRO and COO: Fermilab community standards | News – October 2, 2018
More than 4,000 scientists from around the world use Fermilab’s world-leading scientific infrastructure for their research, including its particle accelerators, detectors, and computers. This total includes scientists from 52 countries as well as about 2,500 scientists from over 220 U.S. institutions in 42 states, plus the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. More »