Our goal is to provide an environment where we leverage the best local, national, and international talent to contribute to our research and our innovations.
Laboratory statement of diversity
Fermilab develops, implements and maintains purposeful and intentional strategic initiatives to support a respectful organizational culture and intellectually diverse workplace. Our workforce and community collaborations advance the laboratory’s mission and accountability to welcome and excite diverse national and global talent. Our hallmarks include sharing knowledge, strengthening professional networks, and assuring equity and inclusion for each member of the lab community.
A workplace culture of inclusion:
- promotes a cohesive environment which positively impacts productivity, morale, and innovation
- fosters respect and values each employee’s contributions
- welcomes the experiences, perspectives, and strengths of a diverse workforce to drive teamwork, innovation, critical analysis and creativity
- January 5, 2022 – EDI Task Force helping to advance a culture of inclusivity
- October 11, 2021 – Coffee delivers a taste of community for Fermilab’s Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers
- September 16, 2021 – New labwide EDI and EPE time charging codes being launched
- August 3, 2021 – Fermilab launches a new fellowship for undergraduate and graduate engineering students in underrepresented groups: the Accelerator Science Program to Increase Representation in Engineering (ASPIRE)
- July 28, 2021 – Fermilab joins all national laboratories and prominent publishers, journals, and other organizations on transgender-inclusive name-change process
- July 28, 2021 – Kathy Vuletich, Kris Brandt, Lorena Lobato, Ryan Rivera, and Yun He are recipients of the Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Contributor Awards: July 2021
- May 6, 2021 – SQMS Center at Fermilab announces Carolyn B. Parker Fellowship for postdocs
DOE Office of Science – Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Science (SC) is fully committed to fostering safe, diverse, equitable, and inclusive work, research, and funding environments that value mutual respect and personal integrity. Effective stewardship and promotion of diverse and inclusive workplaces that value and celebrate a diversity of people, ideas, cultures, and educational backgrounds is foundational to delivering on the SC mission. The scientific community engaged in SC-sponsored activities is expected to be respectful, ethical, and professional. More »