Our goal is to provide an environment where we leverage the best local, national, and international talent to contribute to our research and our innovations.
Laboratory statement of diversity
Fermilab develops, implements and maintains purposeful and intentional strategic initiatives to support a respectful organizational culture and intellectually diverse workplace. Our workforce and community collaborations advance the laboratory’s mission and accountability to welcome and excite diverse national and global talent. Our hallmarks include sharing knowledge, strengthening professional networks, and assuring equity and inclusion for each member of the lab community.
A workplace culture of inclusion:
- promotes a cohesive environment which positively impacts productivity, morale, and innovation
- fosters respect and values each employee’s contributions
- welcomes the experiences, perspectives, and strengths of a diverse workforce to drive teamwork, innovation, critical analysis and creativity
- Herman White retires | News at Work – December 9, 2019
- Wonderful Women and Superheroes in STEM conferences for high school students a success | News – November 25, 2019
- Fermilab conference inspires girls who just want to learn STEM | Daily Herald – November 4, 2019
- Fermilab receives 2019 HIRE Vets Gold Medallion Award | News – November 21, 2019
- Fermilab Deputy Director Chris Mossey elected to National Academy of Construction | News – November 11, 2019
- Encouraging STEM … Advancing Leadership … Changing the World | Department of Energy – October 30, 2019
- Neutrino physicist Kirsty Duffy receives Leona Woods Lectureship Award | News – October 28, 2019
- Symmetry Series: Latin America – October 2-29, 2019
- This trilingual collection explores particle physics and astrophysics in Latin America.
- One minute with: Miguelangel Marchan, electrical engineer | News – October 1, 2019
DOE Office of Science – Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Science (SC) is fully committed to fostering safe, diverse, equitable, and inclusive work, research, and funding environments that value mutual respect and personal integrity. Effective stewardship and promotion of diverse and inclusive workplaces that value and celebrate a diversity of people, ideas, cultures, and educational backgrounds is foundational to delivering on the SC mission. The scientific community engaged in SC-sponsored activities is expected to be respectful, ethical, and professional. More »