Our goal is to provide an environment where we leverage the best local, national, and international talent to contribute to our research and our innovations.
Laboratory statement of diversity
Fermilab develops, implements and maintains purposeful and intentional strategic initiatives to support a respectful organizational culture and intellectually diverse workplace. Our workforce and community collaborations advance the laboratory’s mission and accountability to welcome and excite diverse national and global talent. Our hallmarks include sharing knowledge, strengthening professional networks, and assuring equity and inclusion for each member of the lab community.
A workplace culture of inclusion:
- promotes a cohesive environment which positively impacts productivity, morale, and innovation
- fosters respect and values each employee’s contributions
- welcomes the experiences, perspectives, and strengths of a diverse workforce to drive teamwork, innovation, critical analysis and creativity
Inclusion Matters: Unpacking Bias. Building Inclusion.
Biases, conscious or unconscious, are learned social stereotypes that have real effects in the workplace. This series explores individual, organizational and societal factors that influence the intersection of diversity, equity and inclusion. Participants will be challenged to examine their assumptions, increase their awareness, and consider the impact of their actions and inactions. This series is designed to provide practical tools and resources that interrupt bias and promote workplace inclusion.
- QuarkNet interns 2019 | News at work – July 12, 2019
- Two chances left to fulfill your workplace inclusion training requirement | News at work – July 1, 2019
- Director’s Corner: Proudly supporting diversity, equity and inclusion at Fermilab | News at work – July 1, 2019
- Take pride in STEM | News – June 24, 2019
- One minute with Jean Reising, applications development and systems analyst | News – June 19, 2019
- Laura Fields receives URA Early Career Award | News – June 13, 2019
- Sandra Charles named honorary member of National Society of Black Physicists | News – June 5, 2019
- In photos: Middle schoolers visit Fermilab Latina STEM conference | News – May 20, 2019
- Chicago’s Black Women in STEAM Series: Meet Jessica | The Adler ’Scope Blog – May 15, 2019
- Lauren Underwood shares Aria Soha’s story | C-SPAN – May 1, 2019
- Meet FAPA: Fermilab’s resource group for the Asian and Pacific Islander American community | News – April 30, 2019
DOE Office of Science – Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Science (SC) is fully committed to fostering safe, diverse, equitable, and inclusive work, research, and funding environments that value mutual respect and personal integrity. Effective stewardship and promotion of diverse and inclusive workplaces that value and celebrate a diversity of people, ideas, cultures, and educational backgrounds is foundational to delivering on the SC mission. The scientific community engaged in SC-sponsored activities is expected to be respectful, ethical, and professional. More »