Fermilab offers a variety of internship programs for high school, undergraduate and graduate students, secondary school teachers, and professionals. Interns and fellows work alongside scientific, engineering, computing, and operations experts, and they support and advance particle physics and accelerator research.
Application deadlines, length of assignments, selection process, eligibility and requirements vary by program. The most up to date information, a selection quiz, and the Virtual Internship Portal are available on the Internships website.
All interns and visitors must provide a government-issued photo ID to obtain access to the Fermilab site. Those who have not yet obtained a REAL ID-compliant ID (REAL ID driver’s license or passport) are encouraged to obtain one. Only REAL ID-compliant IDs will be accepted after May 3, 2023. All IDs are checked at the entrance gate.
Featured Internships and Fellowships
- February 21, 2023; Fermilab to host Pathway Summer School program
- December 1, 2022; Lee Teng internship fosters undergraduate researchers in accelerator science and engineering
- August 17, 2022; Fermilab Natural Areas offers internship
- May 4, 2022; Fermilab strengthens commitment to U.S. veterans and JROTC with new $4 million workforce development program
- February 21, 2022; A minute with Tiffany Price, mechanical engineer
- February 10, 2022; Fermilab doctoral researcher receives outstanding thesis research award
- November 30, 2021; Vamos a Fermilab aims to boost Hispanic participation in lab internships
- September 15, 2021; Quantum computing for undergraduates
- July 27, 2021; Community College Daily: Student internships at DOE labs
- October 1, 2019; One minute with Miguelangel Marchan, electrical engineer
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.