Fermilab’s workforce consists of 1,984 employees (as of October 1, 2022), who are 26 percent female and 74 percent male.
The graph below shows the overall workforce distribution by ethnicity.
Fermilab develops, implements and maintains purposeful and intentional strategic initiatives to support a respectful organizational culture and intellectually diverse workplace.
The charts below show Fermilab’s workflow diversity profiles broken out by field of work defined as:
- Computing: Computing professionals, excluding those with scientist job titles
- Engineers: All engineering positions including guest engineers
- Postdocs: Research associates and associate scientists
- Scientists: Scientists and guest scientists
- Technical: Technical support staff, engineering physicists, application physicists and accelerator operations professionals
- Mission Support: All other employment categories including administrative personnel