Mission: To serve as a resource for the lab’s Asian/Pacific community by encouraging and supporting an inclusive environment.
Vision: The group will directly contribute to Fermilab’s goal of retaining and recruiting a culturally diverse workforce by developing and fostering an environment which will allow Fermilab Asian/Pacific Americans to thrive as professionals.
SharePoint for FAPA Members
Members of FAPA can get connected, add their profiles to share with the group, learn about past events, and share resources at the FAPA SharePoint page (login required).
To be added to the FAPA distribution list, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fermilab Asian Pacific Association welcomes members of the community and allies to participate in various celebrations throughout the year. Past events include:
- Dragon Boat Festival Get Together and Zongzi Demonstration
- Workshop by author Ken Liu in honor of Asian American, Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander Heritage Month
- Virtual Lunar New Year Celebration
- Diwali Festival Get Together
- Mid-Autumn Festival and Moon Viewing
- Virtual Lantern Festival
- Celebration of Diwali: Festival of Lights at Fermilab, November 8, 2022
- Mid-Autumn Festival Stargazing, September 9, 2022
- Zongzi Festival, June 3, 2022
- Book Club “Pachinko” Discussions, May 25, 2022
- Virtual Talk by Ken Liu – The Misreadings of “The Paper Menagerie”, May 6, 2022
- Lunar New Year celebration, February 4, 2022
- Diwali Festival of Lights, November 5, 2021
- Join FAPA for virtual Lantern Festival, February 26, 2021
- Meet FAPA: Fermilab’s resource group for the Asian and Pacific Islander American community | News, April 30, 2019
- CMS unified in commitment to diversity and inclusion | News at Work, November 13, 2018
- American Society of Engineers of Indian Origin (ASEI)
- Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month (Resources at the National Archives)
- Association of Chinese-American Scientists and Engineers (ACSE)
- National Association of Asian American Professionals (NAAAP)
- Society of Asian Scientists and Engineers (SASE)
Fermipoint: FAPA Documents and Materials (login required)
Executive Sponsor: Amber Kenny