Fermilab Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers
The Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE) was founded in Los Angeles, California, in 1974 by a group of engineers employed by the city of Los Angeles. Their objective was to form a national organization of professional engineers to serve as role models in the Hispanic community.
The purpose of the Fermilab Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (fSHPE) Chapter is to:
- Actively promote the policies, objectives, and programs of the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, Inc., herein referred to as SHPE National.
- Represent Fermilab as an organization that offers unique STEM careers and promotes diversity by engaging with SHPE professional and student chapters.
- Actively initiate and contribute outreach efforts to the local community, through both STEM, and philanthropic methods.
News & Events
- Cafecito, An fSHPE Social Event [Poster PDF] – Tuesday, January 29, 2019 | 8:30a – 10:00a | Cafeteria
- Featured Coffee from: PANAMA.
- Election General Meeting – April 2019, TBD
- RLDC6 2019 – April 18-21, 2019 | Minneapolis, Minnesota
Resources & Tools
- President – Aria Soha
- Vice President of Professional Development – Felix Sotres
- Vice President of Outreach – Jeny Teheran
- Secretary – Raul Campos
- Communications – Jose De La “O”
- Graduate Student Rep – Javier Duarte
Contact fSHPE-EBOD@fnal.gov for more information.
Fermipoint: Documents / Agendas / Minutes