The Fermilab SHPE Professional Chapter (fSHPE) was founded in 2017 to increase the representation of Hispanics across the laboratory. Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory offers unique STEM careers and is committed to attract, develop and retain diverse national and global talent. fSHPE provides networking and professional growth opportunities to its members. By engaging with fellow SHPE professional and student chapters, fSHPE increases awareness of the need for diverse representation in our workforce, and contributes to outreach efforts for the local community and the Chicagoland area.
The Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE) was founded in Los Angeles, California, in 1974 by a group of engineers employed by the city of Los Angeles. Their objective was to form a national organization of professional engineers to serve as role models in the Hispanic community.
News & Events
- Fermilab Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers introduces new officers – October 12, 2020
- Pub Night, An fSHPE Social Event [Poster PDF] – November 21, 2019
- Night’s topic: Career Paths at Fermilab
- Symmetry Series: Latin America – October 2-29, 2019
- This trilingual collection explores particle physics and astrophysics in Latin America.
- 2019 STAR Awards – August 22, 2019
- 2018 Annual Report | SHPE National – April 18, 2019
Resources & Tools
Executive Board 2020-2021
- President – Jeny Teheran
- Vice President of Professional Development – Lorena Lobato
- Secretary – Julian Badillo
- Communications – Miguelangel Marchan
Contact fSHPE-EBOD@fnal.gov for more information.
Fermipoint: Documents / Agendas / Minutes