The Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE) was founded in Los Angeles, California, in 1974 by a group of engineers employed by the city of Los Angeles. Their objective was to form a national organization of professional engineers to serve as role models in the Hispanic community.
The purpose of the Fermilab Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (fSHPE) or Fermi-SHPE Chapter is to:
- Actively promote the policies, objectives, and programs of the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, Inc., herein referred to as SHPE National.
- Represent Fermilab as an organization that offers unique STEM careers and promotes diversity by engaging with SHPE professional and student chapters.
- Actively initiate and contribute outreach efforts to the local community, through both STEM, and philanthropic methods.
News & Events
- Pub Night, An fSHPE Social Event [Poster PDF] – November 21, 2019
- Night’s topic: Career Paths at Fermilab
- Symmetry Series: Latin America – October 2-29, 2019
- This trilingual collection explores particle physics and astrophysics in Latin America.
- 2019 STAR Awards – August 22, 2019
- 2018 Annual Report | SHPE National – April 18, 2019
Resources & Tools
Executive Board 2019-2020
- President – Aria Soha
- Vice President of Professional Development – Lorena Lobato Pardavila
- Vice President of Outreach – Andrés Felipe Alba Hernández
- Secretary – Julian Badillo Rojas
- Communications – Miguelangel Marchan
Contact fSHPE-EBOD@fnal.gov for more information.
Fermipoint: Documents / Agendas / Minutes