Mission: To advocate for educational, vocational and employment opportunities on behalf of Hispanic, Latino and people of Latin or Spanish cultures or origins, regardless of race.
Vision: The Hispanic/Latino Forum is focused on actively increasing awareness and providing inspiration and motivation to the Fermilab community to contribute to an equitable workplace environment for all on site.
Hispanic Heritage Month
As part of Hispanic Heritage Month, Fermilab’s Creative Services department developed backgrounds social media graphics. They are available for download in the gallery.
The Hispanic/Latino Forum hosts this quarterly gathering to bring together membership. Different Spanish speaking countries are celebrated event to event and traditional coffee and pan dulce are served.
Resources & News
- Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month – September 29, 2022
- Online Superheroes in STEM conference for high school students a success – May 10, 2021
- Wonderful Women and Superheroes in STEM conferences for high school students a success – November 25, 2019
- Fermilab conference inspires girls who just want to learn STEM | Daily Herald – November 4, 2019
- Symmetry Series: Latin America – October 2-29, 2019
- This trilingual collection explores particle physics and astrophysics in Latin America.
- ‘Latinx’ And Gender Inclusivity | Merriam-Webster
- White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for Hispanics | U.S. Department of Education
Fermipoint: Hispanic Latino Forum Documents and Materials (login required)
Contact Anahi Ruiz Beltran for more information; Executive Sponsor: James F. Amundson