The Inclusivity Journal Club meets monthly to review and discuss social science literature, with the goal of understanding diversity and inclusivity problems in STEM.
- Why are some groups represented disproportionately in STEM fields?
- Is there anything we can do to correct these imbalances?
- What other problems might arise from these imbalances?
These questions form the basis for extensive scientific inquiry. If you’re interested in what the academic literature has to say about inclusivity/diversity in STEM, then you are very welcome to attend the Inclusivity Journal Club.
News & Events
- Thursday, August 15, 2019 at 12:00p [Poster PDF] in the Hornets Nest, WH8X
- Discussion is centered on L. Shumow et al., Multiple Perspectives on Student Learning, Engagement, and Motivation in High School Biology Labs
- Looking to the literature | Symmetry Magazine – January 17, 2019
- Fermilab’s Inclusivity Journal Club seeks answers to difficult social questions in science.
Contact Daniel Bowring for more information.
Fermipoint: Documents / Agendas / Minutes