Mission: Spectrum is a lab resource group dedicated to building awareness and providing resources for the LGBTQ+ community to foster an environment of understanding, acceptance, and equality for all within the laboratory community.
Vision: The group will focus on promoting equity at all levels, advancing LGBTQ+ friendly policies and benefits, promoting an inclusive and welcoming workplace environment, and participating in outreach activities.
We welcome everyone who is interested in seeing our lab community grow stronger, safer, and more open. Spectrum is an inclusive community made up of people of all orientations with allies especially welcome; out or not, Spectrum needs you!
Fermilab’s Spectrum is modeled after and will closely cooperate with Argonne National Laboratory’s Spectrum organization, formed in 2015. The two groups will hold joint events and trainings, but will remain separate entities. Participation in this lab-wide resource group is open to all employees, users, and guests of Fermilab, the U.S. Department of Energy, The University of Chicago, Argonne Credit Union and all others associated with or assigned to work at our laboratory.
- To join our Listserv, please send an email to email@example.com with SUBSCRIBE SPECTRUM in the email body.
News & Events
- Merriam-Webster Adds Gender-Neutral Pronouns to Dictionary | Time – September 17, 2019
- Director’s Corner: Proudly supporting diversity, equity and inclusion at Fermilab | News at work– July 1, 2019
- Celebrate Pride at Fermilab | PFLAG DuPage [PDF] – July 1, 2019
- Take pride in STEM | News – June 24, 2019
- One minute with Jean Reising, applications development and systems analyst | News – June 19, 2019
Resources & Tools
- Report: LGBT Climate in Physics [PDF] | APS, March 2016
- Guide: LGBTQ + Inclusivity in Physics and Astronomy [PDF] | SGMA/AAS, April 2018
- Lesbians Who Tech is a Community of Queer Women in or around tech (and the people who love them).
- NOGLSTP | National Organization of Gay and Lesbian Scientists and Technical Professionals
- Out Alliance | LGBTQ Education & SafeZone
- oSTEM | Out in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Pride in STEM | A charitable trust for LGBT+ in Science, Engineering, Tech, and Maths
- Point Foundation | The National LGBTQ Scholarship Fund
Executive Sponsor: Steve Brice, PhD, Division Head, ND
Fermipoint: Documents / Agendas / Minutes