Mission: The mission of the Women’s Initiative is to advocate for professional growth and empowerment and to lift up the voices of women to ensure respect and value in the workplace regardless of gender.
Vision: All members of the Fermilab community contribute to an equitable workplace environment. The Fermilab Women’s Initiative is focused on the ways in which women have an impact on the workplace and the importance of promoting gender equity.
News & Events
Resources & Tools
- Report: Sexual Harassment of Women [PDF] | The National Academies Press, 2018
- Resources for Women in Computer Technology | Purdue University Global – June 14, 2019
- Connecting Girls to Computer Science – Tools and Inspiration for Girls from Kindergarten to Career
- POWER – Professional Opportunities for Women at Energy Realized – is an official Employee Resource Group at the Department of Energy.
- Children’s Center provides onsite daycare.
- Fermilab Playgroup provides weekly opportunities at Fermilab for playtime, crafts, and activities.
- Fermi Research Alliance Scholarships Program offers scholarships to children of regular full-time FRA employees.
- Flexible Work Policy [PDF] defines and establishes guidelines for voluntary flexible work arrangements.
- Parental Childbirth and Adoption Leave Program supplements paid time off under Fermilab leave policies.
- Mothers at Work Lactation Program eases the transition back to work after maternity leave.
- Telework Policy [PDF] provides opportunities for improving employee attraction, retention and morale.
Board Members: Maura Barone, Eileen Beno, Amanda Early, Monika Lasota, Laura Rogas, Valerie Higgins, Julie Saviano
Executive Sponsor: Alison Markovitz, Chief Strategic Partnerships Officer
Fermipoint: Documents / Agendas / Minutes